Belinda Pletzer – Curriculum Vitae
- Since March 2013: Postdoctoral scholar at the Department of Psychology, University of Salzburg, Austria.
- Since Oct 2015: Member of the faculty of the DK W1233-G17: “Imaging the Mind”
Sub-project: “Sex hormone influences on higher order cognitive functions”
- Since Oct 2015: PI of stand-alone project P28261 on “Sex hormone influences on inter-hemispheric communication during global-local processing” funded by the FWF
Education & Research Experience
|10/2001 – 10/2003||bachelor student in physiology and cellular biology
special subject: biopsychology and psychophysiology
|10/2003 – 12/2005||master student in zoology and animal biology, graduation with distinction
priority subject: behavioral and neurobiology
|10/2001 – 01/2006||diploma student in psychology
special subject: neurobiology
|10/2001 – 12/2004||diploma student in philosophy, graduation with distinction|
|09/2002 – 11/2005||bachelor student in mathematics|
|11/2005 – 10/2007||master student in mathematics, graduation with distinction|
|03/2005 – 10/2007||PhD student of Arts (subject: philosophy), graduation with distinction|
|03/2006 – 08/2010||PhD student of Science (subject: zoology), graduation with distinction
dissertation: Stress, sex and mathematical problem solving. An integrative approach including behavioural, endocrinological and neuroimaging data
Sponsored by a Doc-Fforte scholarship, Austrian Academy of Sciences (OEAW)
|09/2010 – 08/2011||Independent research project at the University of Salzburg, Austria
project title: Sex hormone influences on human brain structure.
|09/2011 – 08/2012||Postdoctoral fellow in the laboratory of Dr. Larry Cahill at the Department of Neurobiology & Behavior, University of Californa, Irvine.
project title: Gist vs. detail – a fundamental principle underlying sex differences in cognition.
Sponsored by an Erwin-Schroedinger fellowship, Austrian Science Fund (FWF)
- Doc-Fforte scholarship of the Austrian Acadamy of Sciences (05/2007 – 04/2010)
- Erwin-Schroedinger fellowship of the Austrian Science Fund J3165-G7 (09/2011 – 08/2012)
- Career grant of the City of Salzburg’s Culture Fund (2013)
Editorial & Reviewer activities
- Editor of Frontiers Research Topic: From Sex Differences in Neuroscience to a Neuroscience of Sex differences
- Ad-hoc reviewer for Neuroimage, Psychoneuroendocrinology, Frontiers in Neuroscience, European Neuropsychopharmacology, Neuropsychologia, Brain Research and many more.
Membership in academic societies
- Since 2010: Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience, University of Salzburg
- Since 2012: Austrian Neuroscience Association (ANA)
- Since 2012: Society for Neuroscience (SfN)